Maria Montessori was an Italian physician (the first female Italian physician) and an educator.
Montessori Educational Principles
– A carefully crafted environment featuring exposure to learning materials and experiences
– Freedom to explore this environment within limits
– individuals who differ from each other.
– Capable of individual learning through the use of their intellectual and sensitive abilities
– The first six years of a child’s life are the most important period of development
– In need of purposeful work. They don’t work towards an end, the end is the work itself.
– Purposeful work enables their personal development in a mental, psychological and physical sense.